want this

On a related subject, seems like I read somewhere that some C-band
experimenters were considering using
s-band units for the final conversion from 5 GHz? In other words, the C-band
converter would only need to
convert from 5 GHz to 2 GHz, and let the surplus s-band units do the rest?
Anyone know any more about this
subject?

The above was gleened from all the lateset gnashing.  Is or does anyone know of work being done of 5ghz receive systems?  I have a bunch of old C band receivers and C band LNA/LNB a 12 foot TVRO.  I am not and engineer, but I can follow directions.  Just get me started I would like to get ahead of the curve.  5ghz  will be in our future, ready or not!
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle