Re: Mode L/S Equip for P3E

Les,

I use 2 meter IFs for both up and downlinks.  However, I added a 2 meter to
10 meter converter on the downlink, which means you are receiving using the
HF modules.  6 meters will also work, as it is also considered HF in the
FT-847.  By choosing the LO xtals properly, the TX is in the 144-145 MHz
range, and the 2 meter RX is in the 145-146 MHz range.  However, I did some
testing and could operate with the IFs within a few kHz.

Alan