Re: [Fwd: S-band on Eagle]

Jim Sanford wrote
> REMEMBER THAT AMSAT IS DEVELOPING THE GROUND STATION ALONG WITH THE
> SPACE SEGMENT.
>
> You will not be left on your own to develop ground equipment.  You will
> not be asked to mortgage your house; affordability by the masses is a
> key component of the design for the entire system.

At this point in time, is there anyway you can elaborate on the above
statement? We may well not have to mortgage our homes but
'affordability" is a somewhat relative term. What AMSAT considers
affordable and what  I consider affordable may be two completely
different things. Are we too early in the design process for you to
reveal what you have in mind along the lines of ground station
equipment?  Possibly some type of surplus downconverter again? etc. etc.
Thank you for your hard work on the project,
Michael, W4HIJ
AMSAT #  36017