S-band & SAT-DXing

..BTW, just now I remembered another benefit due to S-band downlink:

 During AO-40's "glory days", almost every new DX-peditions was  QRV on
AO-40 !
Thus, they was "on the air" new rare countries for first time through a

 Are you wondering why?  Because the S-band gear was lightweight, small, so
it was easy to be transported. They was not problem for DXpedition-ers.

 I can't remember many Dx-peditions which they had been involved with AO-10
AO-13, as it was very difficult to carry big VHF-UHF arrays for accessing
with old HEOs.

 Just keep in mind, before S-band's condemnation in the waste.

73, Mak SV1BSX

LAN eMail-Server: This Email has been checked by NAV 2005
                                               Virus Free

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύματα (spam);   Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων