No mode S on EAgle

AMSAT is not a production service, it is a platform for experimentation.  Several amateur satellites support or will support S-band operation.  I have been with the program long enough (OSCAR III) to have heard the screams about abandoning mode A then mode J.  There were lots of arguments against going to S-band, and now the voices are saying please do not abandon S-band.  Well S-band is not being abandoned.  The proposed new satellite will be pushing us to explore 5.6 GHz.  I look forward to the challenge and will still continue to monitor the UHF, L-band, and S-band transmissions from AMSAT-NA, AMSAT-DL, and whoever else has the foresight, volunteers, and resources to orbit these exciting satellites.  I vote with my donations (far above and beyond subscriptions), and I have donated to many birds, including Eagle.

John  WA4WDL
#10211