Re: S band and Eagle: an appeal for a higher leveldiscussion

On 7 Sep 2006 at 19:06, Bruce Robertson wrote:

>As I understand it, the Eagle design team have used standard predictions of
>801.11 usage to determine mathematically that by the time of launch the
>radio environment will simply not support reliable communications.

I probably missed something here! Can you guide us where we can read what make's you "understand
it" Why all the new Wi-FI device in all the electronic/computer stores around us here in QC are
actually migrating towards 5.2ghz and higher? I was in Miami FL in July and i observed the same

>But I can assess an argument, and the responses so far have not been nearly as rigorous.
>They have amounted to "works for me", which I think misses the point.

Have you been on AO-51 last week where U/S mode was on? I was and i can tell you there is
absolutely no interference who prevent me to hear and make contacts without any problem..That's
what i called rigorous testing... Use it test it and speak about what you know not on what you hear
about. I am not trying to second guessing anyone here!

>Please, please, those of you who are qualified and competent and hold the
>opposing opinion, take the design committee at their word and assess their
>work, check their assumptions, present cogent opposing arguments.

Again show us where you read/hear "the design committee words" as rigorous you approach seems to be
here is the way to prove it to us. I am not the one who blindly believe, and even more when we
speak about AMSAT-NA...

The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE