Re: S band downlink on P3E

IF the 2.4 ghz band is no good for future satellite work then WHY is
it on P3E ?

My computer network is on 2.4 ghz but it is in my basement and my
satellite antennas are on my roof. I changed my cordless phones to
5.6 ghz because the 2.4 ghz ones crashed my sensitive network. Since
we would not be transmitting on S band I doubt that a S band downlink
from a satellite 40,000 K out in space would crash my network.

If cordless phones on S band would be a possible problem don't most
of them hop channels if one channel is busy?  if so why not create a
small ham beacon that would transmit our callsign at low power to
chase the neighbors phones off our sat downlink?

Les W4SCO