Re: S band downlink on P3E

At 11:38 AM 9/7/2006, Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:
>I am in _TOTAL_ agreement. I live in the suburbs of Tampa/St. Pete and never
>had an interference problem on my 3 foot dish. I have used the same dish to
>log well over a dozen WiFi access points in that immediate neighborhood.
>With properly designed equipment, all that trash on 2.4 ghz goes away with
>some elevation. What won't work is helixes with multiple sidelobes, and
>surplus dishes that let one whole polarity of noise right thru the back.

I agree on the dish completely - when I had a BBQ (non) dish there
was some noise until I covered it with screen, then it mostly went
away.  Even then, it was perhaps S-1 above the noise level, not
anywhere near the S-3 I experience on 70cm and the S-6 I experience
on 2M.  With AO-51 I use a 2.4G yagi, and have never had any noise
problems with it either.

Perhaps I've missed something but has the Eagle team published any
empirical data on the subject?

73,

Emily