Re: AO-51 back in mode J-FM (and VERY busy)

At 09:27 AM 9/5/2006, Zachary Schrempp wrote:
>Nope, the alligators are the ones that are transmitting without
>listening. I'm sure you're listening if you are making contacts! :)

Down this way, the alligator problem is caused by stations with
inadequate receive setups.  Mode J is certainly not a roaring success
on this side of the world, because most ops don't have a dedicated
satellite setup, and conditions strongly favour the uplink on Mode
J.  I was using a handheld Yagi, so for me, the downlink was solid,
but many a QSO has been clobbered by someone running high power on
the uplink and hearing nothing coming back down.

Mode B (a la SO-35) was a huge hit down here, with few alligators. :)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com