WD9EWK and AO-51 V/S, Saturday (2 Sep) morning

Hi!

I took a short drive to a nearby park that straddles 112 degrees West
longitude (the DM33/DM43 boundary), and set up for a low western
pass for AO-51 around 1808-1818 UTC.  Maximum elevation was only
10 degrees, but I wanted to give it a try with my portable V/S setup
I've started using.  No contacts, but I know I could hear the S-band
downlink from about 4 or 5 degrees elevation from that location.  I
had a lot of time to talk to myself.  :-)  An impressive thing, the
AO-51 S-band downlink.  Very easy to hear even at low elevation,
and I'm hoping to try at least one pass tonight and one Sunday
morning before the mode change.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/