Re: ionic propulsion motor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Leblanc VE2DWE" <lucleblanc6@videotron.ca>
To: <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:26 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] ionic propulsion motor

> HI
>
> Here is a link explaining the ionic motor propulsion system with a nice
animation (in French) the
> SMART-1 first lunar European space probe will crash on the moon on
September 3 at 0541 UTC.

> Could be usable for our HEO fleet? It seems pretty simple at the first
look.

> http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/AFPanimation/SmartFR3008/
>
> "-"
> The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)
>
> Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
> Skype VE2DWE
> www.qsl.net/ve2dwe

Hi Luc, VE2DWE

A similar motor i.e. the "arcject motor" was installed on board of AO40
but unfortunately it was impossible to fire it because of lacking of
electrical power to activate it.

By the way the gas of the arcject motor was used  during june 2001
when gas from the arcject motor was vent "as cold" to raise and stabilize
the orbit of the satellite and the spacecraft got a lot higher than
expected.

http://www.wikimirror.com/AO-40

73" de

i8CVS Domenico