Discussion regarding AO-51 power

Gang:

I think we all know how Pat fells, trying to work out what is going wrong
with a set-up, wondering if the power has somehow dropped in the
transmitter, since its one variable we can't nail down. Someone in that
situation might not be properly equiped to download telemetry, especially
since receiving poorly is the original problem!

That said, I think the team managing Echo are busy enough, and they do an
excellent job reporting and calendaring mode changes. It isn't reasonable
to ask them to log the output power in real time.

Notice, however, that this email list provided the answer to Pat's question
very quickly. I imagine anyone who asked such a question here could
reasonably hope that some kind soul would answer within a day. I think it
would be best expressed as a request for a favour, in any case.

Finally, I should mention again that the book on AO-51 at the amsat store
is an excellent read and invaluable reference regarding the details of this
wonderful satellite.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP