Re: ECHO

> > Just copied last AO-51 pass.
> > TXa is .3 watts
> > TXb is .4 watts
> > tx current draw is 800 mA
> > panel output is 15.1 v, 1193.9 mA

I wonder what all is included in TX current, since even if the
bus is an 8 volt bus, that is over 6.5 watts of DC power to
produce only .7 Watts of RF or about 10% efficient?  But I am
sure this is not the whole story. So I shouldn't speculate...

The Hamtronics transmitters in PCSAT's draw about 500 mA to
produce 2 Watts from the 12 volt bus and this is about 33%
efficiency..  I think some of the HELAPS designs produce much
higher efficiencies...
Bob