Re: Drake 2880

In a message dated 22/08/2006 00:04:17 GMT Standard Time, ve6itv@telus.net

Hi  Folks, i now have my new drake 2880 up on the tower, the one i smoked i
had a  peek inside and it looks as if it's just the FET transisitor at the
front end  has gone. Does anyone know of a substitute replacement that would
work?. I'd  like to give it to another amateur friend if it can be fixed.Any help
will be  appreciated. 73 de Scott VE6ITV

The MGA86576 works quite well if you keep the earth leads short.
See  _www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk_ (http://www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk)