Re: K7RR, SK

Same here Wayne.

I first met Cliff at the Amsat Symposium in Tucson in 1997 (my first
symposia, BTW).  We struck up a friendship that lasted several years,
though mainly thru e-mail.  Cliff was a real gentleman and satellite
enthusiast (as well as fond of his trips to Alaska).  I'm really sorry to
hear of his passing.  I'm very glad to hear that Amsat awarded his
contributions.

Ed Cole - KL7UW

At 11:26 PM 8/11/2006 -0500, Wayne Estes wrote:

>Did I miss the announcement of K7RR's death on amsat-bb?
>I just read this in the latest ARRL Letter:
>
>Cliff Buttschardt, K7RR, SK: Long-time Project OSCAR and AMSAT member
>Cliff Buttschardt, K7RR, of Morro Bay, California, died July 30. An ARRL
>Life Member, he was 75. Just days before Buttschardt's death, the
>Project OSCAR Board of Directors awarded him its Lifetime Achievement
>Award - its highest honor -- for contributions to Amateur Satellite
>Radio. "In March of 2006 the Board of Project OSCAR voted to recognize
>Cliff with an award for his achievements and his lifetime of
>contributions to amateur satellite programs," said Project OSCAR Vice
>President Emily Clarke, N1DID. "Over the years Cliff contributed much to
>Project OSCAR and AMSAT, and was one of the guiding forces behind the
>CubeSat program at Cal Poly, where he has been working quietly behind
>the scenes as an advisor." Unfortunately, a much-heralded attempt to
>launch 14 university CubeSats -- one renamed in Buttschardt's honor --
>failed July 26. It is requested that in lieu of flowers a contribution
>to AMSAT or the ARRL be made in Cliff's name.
>
>Wayne Estes W9AE
>Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik
>----

73's,