K7RR, SK

Did I miss the announcement of K7RR's death on amsat-bb?
I just read this in the latest ARRL Letter:

Cliff Buttschardt, K7RR, SK: Long-time Project OSCAR and AMSAT member
Cliff Buttschardt, K7RR, of Morro Bay, California, died July 30. An ARRL
Life Member, he was 75. Just days before Buttschardt's death, the
Project OSCAR Board of Directors awarded him its Lifetime Achievement
Award - its highest honor -- for contributions to Amateur Satellite
Radio. "In March of 2006 the Board of Project OSCAR voted to recognize
Cliff with an award for his achievements and his lifetime of
contributions to amateur satellite programs," said Project OSCAR Vice
President Emily Clarke, N1DID. "Over the years Cliff contributed much to
Project OSCAR and AMSAT, and was one of the guiding forces behind the
CubeSat program at Cal Poly, where he has been working quietly behind
the scenes as an advisor." Unfortunately, a much-heralded attempt to
launch 14 university CubeSats -- one renamed in Buttschardt's honor --
failed July 26. It is requested that in lieu of flowers a contribution
to AMSAT or the ARRL be made in Cliff's name.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik