Re: AMSAT HF freqs?

Bob,

There is still the AMSAT 20 meter net at 1800 UTC, Sunday afternoon, on
14.282 Mhz.  Format is informal discussion for the first hour followed by bulletin
reading at 1900 and 1930.  NCS duty is shared by W5IU, W7LB, and AA6W at the
moment.

The old regional nets on 75 meters have gone away as people have retired,
passed on, etc.  I have tried several times to re-kindle interest in these nets
with very limited success.  A few people express an interest, but no one wants
the weekly job of being NCS.  Also, 75 meters is not a user friendly place
these days unless you are one of the "good ole' boys."  Summertime band
conditions are the pits as well.

If someone that is returning to HF wants to volunteer, I will be glad to help
set up a 75 meter net again, but I have even had trouble getting NCS help
from my local club on a rotation basis.  We could discuss 40 meters as well, but
it is not part of the traditional net plan.  I'll try to put out a "state of
the nets" message in an upcoming AMSAT Journal.

By the way, data on the HF nets and the Houston net are on the AMSAT Web
Page.

73 - Keith, W5IU
AMSAT Net Coordinator