FM transponders and Game theory (the golden rule)... Tragedy of the Commons

This email pertains to the human nature of sharing resources (IE, APRS
channel) but it also perfectly describes an FM satellite Transponder.
And so I am sharing it here too...

Pete, K6XL and Cap, KE6AFE sent back this link which describes perfectly
the human nature I referred to in my post of the above topic..

>I believe this paradigm is called the "Tragedy of the Commons,"
>a type of the more general "Prisoner's Dilemma."
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

Notice down at the bottom how they have added OPEN RF NETWORKS
as classic examples.    Guaranteed to overload and fail.  There is
no natural solution.  Such common shared resources will always be
consumed until overload and failure..... unless..... the Golden
Rule is honored.... AND ENFORCED...

Interesting.  Goes back to biblical times, and to evolution itself.

Bob, WB4APR