RE: 2.4GHz QRM

> It's more the effect of RF on these devices - transmit
> on 435 and you can activate your neighbors, doorbell,
> car alarm etc. 73 Trevor M5AKA

A few years ago I was demo'ing my portable AO-40 station at the UK's biggest
Hamfest (aka radio rally over here). I was uplinking with about 40W PEP
generating about 500W EIRP, pointing directly away from the car park.

I was told by the ham organisers to stop transmitting as I was disabling the
car locking systems of many vehicles.

I guess that the other 5,000 people there also operating on 70cm were having
no effect, then.

73, Howard G6LVB