Re: 2.4GHz QRM

--- "Edward R. Cole" <al7eb@acsalaska.net> wrote:
> RFID is an emerging technology that will become widespread and probably
> cause weak-signal operation problems where it is shared with ham radio.
> 433-435 MHz is FM simplex on my frequency chart and the ham sat spectrum
> 435-438 MHz.  Maybe the question is how spectrum hungry the part-15 folks
> are?

The top end of 433 MHz is unlicenced use in ITU Region 1, just like 2.4 GHz
etc. 433/4 MHz is used for a wide variety of devices including remote
Automobile locking - yes every Automobile owner in the EU uses it, as well as
short range telememetry, voice, doorbells, Wireless TV Remote Control
extenders, RFID etc.

The Automobile door locking use has caused considerable problems. In the UK the
Regulator OFCOM has shut down several Licensed Amateur 430 MHz repeaters
because the the front ends of the Automobile receivers blocked in streets
around the repeaters so cars couldn't be started. Bear in mind in much of the
world unlicensed consumer devices are given protection and licensed Amateur
operations have to shut down.

I understand that Amateurs in the Netherlands lost 2.4-2.450 GHz because the
Government wished to protect unlicensed WiFi and Video Sender devices.

73 Trevor M5AKA