Re: 2.4GHz QRM

WiFi use of 2.4 GHz is growing rapidly and will continue to grow in the coming
years.

Many other devices are now using 2.4 GHz and their use will also grow - phones,
remote control devices, Home Video Senders, Security systems, Bluetooth, Zigbee
etc.

5.8 GHz is being used for WiFi but this is in addition to 2.4 GHz it's not
replacing it. The situation on 5.8 GHz will in a few years resemble that of 2.4
GHz. WIMAX is sure to be a big user.

It is no longer reasonable to expect to be able to use the 5.8 GHz allocation
as an Amateur Satellite downlink.

Ideally we need 5650-5670 MHz to be made Space-To-Earth as well as
Earth-To-Space and initially use a section around 5668 (Terrestrial Weak Signal
Working in EU) for satellite downlinks.

73 Trevor M5AKA