Re: 2.4GHz QRM

Emily,

434 MHz devices are quite a problem here. The ZL
amateur 70cm allocation runs from 430 MHz to 440
MHz and we don't the the luxury of the frequencies
above 440 MHz for repeater use.

We have a nationwide system of linked 70 cm
repeaters, and the management group for that
system recently carried out the enormous task of
adjusting and coordinating all the repeater input
frequencies because of continued interference from
the low power 434 MHz devices.

A diagram of the system can be found at:
www.nzart.org.nz/nzart/Repeaters/NS_.pdf

Wade down to page seven of this document for an
explanation of the need for the changes:
http://www.nzart.org.nz/nzart/update/infoline/infoline-68.pdf.

But, Okay... this might seem acceptable, after all
it's outside the space sub-band. Alas - my own
experience has been that worst offenders by far,
and the cordless headphones, mostly Chinese made.
These transmit a wide band stereo FM signal and
often seem to lack crystal control of the Tx. They
not only wander outside the LP allocation, but
through our satellite sub-band. I mentioned this
in a discussion with an MSD official (=FCC) who
laughed, and said they even wandered into
commercial bands above 440 MHz and below 430 MHz.

If you don't yet have this problem, you are very
lucky.

Sil - ZL2CIA