Re: 2.4GHz QRM

Emily and all,

I would guess that the range of these RFID devices is in feet, so you
should not receive reports from other cars.  In fact for satellite
operators the only problem might be a raising of the noise floor somewhat
(and I wonder how much that will really be).

However, if you operate a mobile satellite station in your car then these
devices might have some interaction.  It may be more a problem that your
mode-U Tx will cause erraneous indications in the cars tire psi monitor.  I
assume the RFID is radiating only when the vehicle is running ...or do they
have ten-year life lithium batteries?

RFID is an emerging technology that will become widespread and probably
cause weak-signal operation problems where it is shared with ham radio.
433-435 MHz is FM simplex on my frequency chart and the ham sat spectrum
435-438 MHz.  Maybe the question is how spectrum hungry the part-15 folks are?

It seems that gov't regulatory agencies are only too glad to give away ham
radio spectrum to part-15 use.

73's Ed - KL7UW