Re: 2.4GHz QRM

Emily Clarke wrote:
> I'm a little concerned about the message here - are you saying that
> RFICs in 434 MHz will encroach on our allocation in 435-437?  These are
> minuscule power devices (since, for example, sitting on the freeway I
> don't want to get warnings about the tire pressure of another Volvo 1/2
> mile away.) So before I get all bent out of shape by this can you
> provide some credible data or (ugh) statistics that it will have any
> real impact in the next 20 years?

RFICs and other devices use coded transmissions to keep from confusing signals
of other devices.  That creates QRM on the frequency that is receivable by
another receiver.  The question is whether your receiver is tolerant of the
part-15 devices.  In general, amatuer radio receivers are not tollerant because
we use basic, uncoded signals which causes us to hear everything else in
addition to what we are really listening for.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW