Re: Eagle without mode S

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Sanford" <wb4gcs@AMSAT.Org>
To: "George Henry" <ka3hsw@earthlink.net>
Cc: "amsat bb" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Eagle without mode S

> Now, I do not intend to toss my 2.4 GHz downlink gear.  The dish will be
> usable for uplink, and the preamps usable terrestrially, and the
> downconverters are usable for lots of things, like monitoring your uplink.
>
> 73,
> Jim
> wb4gcs@amsat.org
> Eagle Project Manager

Hi Jim, WB4GCS

The most part of us are using 500,00 $ each downconverters 2400.000 to
2402.000 MHz  and as you suggested they can be used for monitoring our
uplink to EAGLE only if the uplink of EAGLE will be allocated between
2401 to 2402 MHz leaving the lower part 2400.000 to 2401.000 MHz for
downlink of P3E as planned by the AMSAT-DL

What part of the S band have you planned to use for the uplink to EAGLE ?

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico