Re: Eagle and P3E

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Robertson" <broberts@mta.ca>
To: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Eagle and P3E

> Finally, Dom and others argue for Eagle to have a C band downlink the same
> as the uplink for P3E. I must be missing something: wouldn't this run the
> risk of Eagle QRM'ing P3E?

> 73, Bruce
> VE9QRP

Hi Bruce, VE9QRP

Having a C band downlink from Eagle the same as the uplink for P3E will
permit to experiment interesting QSO via two satellite when they are in
the right mutual position with the right squint angle and when the matrix
of P3E is properly switched in mode C/X for the experiment.

As an example you uplink to EAGLE  in S band and get a downlink on C
band from EAGLE  in the segment 5668.575 to 5668.625 MHz

P3E receives from 5668.575 to 5668.625 MHz as an uplink from EAGLE
than translate it in to the X band from 10451.011 to 10451.049 MHz and
transmit it as a downlink in the X band to the ground stations.

Note that if the S band uplink to EAGLE is made from 2401 to 2402 MHz
it will permit to use the already existing TX designed for the uplink to
AO40 and will help to drive the WiFi & part 15 users away from the lower
part of the 2400 MHz band.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico