Re: Eagle without mode S

George and all:
Please understand -- there was/is no "bait and switch" here.  It broke
my heart to come to this conclusion, but it was the result of hard data
and analysis -- facts is facts, fundamental laws of physics are, in
fact, fundamental.   And those laws, and some measurements, tell us that
we'd all be disappointed.

I'll have more detail in the article for the next AMSAT Journal, which
is being prepared now.  There will be even more detail after the Journal
comes out, when we finish translating the report on EaglePedia into English.

Again, it was hard, peer-reviewed, science that led to the decision.

Now, I do not intend to toss my 2.4 GHz downlink gear.  The dish will be
usable for uplink, and the preamps usable terrestrially, and the
downconverters are usable for lots of things, like monitoring your uplink.

73,
Jim
wb4gcs@amsat.org
Eagle Project Manager