Re: 2.4GHz QRM

>As I wiped out my own S band downlink with 802.11b  and then 802.11g,
>I replaced them with 5 GHz phones and all is well...   There is a
>reason the ham bands are the dumping grounds for these part 15
>services.  We simply do not have sufficient density to make RF
>headway against the millions of systems deployed that use part 15...
>
> We are in a desperate race against time and billions of dollars
> in commercial enterprises to be able to bring you a useful program.
> I believe we can and we MUST try.

(this reply is NOT about EAGLE.  just general musings about the
future of HAM radio...)

I really hate to say this, but another approach is to thrown inthe
towel and go back to HAM radio's legacy of using spectrum that
no one else wants.  It used to be higher and higher.  Now maybe
it is going back to HF...

I think the ultimate in linear transponders (for a LEO) these days
would be a 10 meter downlink.  THink Mode A.  And give it enough
power to be heard on a mobile with a whip.  No one is trying to
take away 29 MHz...

Just a thought.
That is why PCSAT2, and RAFT and MARScom, three or our recent
ham radio satellites are experiementing with 10 m as a very useable
satellite band....

Bob, WB4APR

73's
Bob
N4HY

--
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be
made in a very narrow field."  Niels Bohr