Re: Eagle and P3E

----- Original Message -----
  From: w7lrd@comcast.net
  To: i8cvs ; Robert McGwier ; Joseph Trombino Jr
  Cc: AMSAT
  Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 2:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Eagle and P3E

  Hello All
  When we had S band on AO-40 we were able to cobble together a number of good
receive systems   Through a variety of web sites such as W0LMD and K5OE and
others we learned what to do.  It appears we now will need another "watering
hole" of information for 5cm.  Some commercial units (downeast) can be pricey.
I for one would like to start well in advance.  So-where do we start?
  73 Bob W7LRD
  Seattle

  Hi Bob,W7LRD

  I believe we must start to read microwave books and good candidates are:

  The ARRL UHF/Microwave Project Manual ARRL Order No 4491

  The ARRL UHF/MICROWAVE Experimenter's Manual ARRL Order No 3126

  VHF/ UHF MANUAL edited by the RSGB ISBN 0 900612 92 4

  MICROWAVE HANDBOOK Volume 1-2 and 3  Edited by te RSGB
  ISBN 0 900612 88 6  for the set of all three volumes

  73" de

  i8CVS Domenico