Re: Eagle and P3E

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
To: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Cc: "AMSAT" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 3:46 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Eagle and P3E

> Use them for Phase 3 E and the dish will be one of the most important
> parts for Eagle.
>
> Bob McGwier
> N4HY

Hi Bob, N4HY

The dish can be one of the most important part for both P3E and EAGLE
considering that P3E will use a C band uplink on 5668.300 MHz +/- 25 kHz
linear as per

http://www.amsat-dl.org/p3e/tabelle.htm

Since EAGLE will use a mode S/C with a downlink on C band why do not
cover the uplink of P3E and the downlink of EAGLE in the same C band
segment 5668.300 to 5668.800 MHz originally planned for AO40 ?

With this in mind it would be possible to build a single 5668.000 - 5670.000
MHz transverter with a preamplifier and a power amplifier antenna mounted to
cover with the same dish and the same RX/TX the C band uplink for P3E and
the C band downlink for EAGLE

Many of us in Europe are already equipped for the never used uplink designed
for AO40 covering from 5668.300 to 5668.800 MHz

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico