Re: 2.4GHz QRM

When AO40 was operational somebody suggested "testing" a 2401 MHZ
transmitter for a period of time to discourage nearby cordless phones
from using channels that interfere with AO40 reception.  I'm curious to
know the result if anybody tried that.  It could be a relatively simple
and inexpensive way to clear the frequency.  As far as I know, cordless
phones automatically change channel if they can't maintain a reliable
link on the existing channel.

Would a simple carrier would be sufficient to deter cordless phones, or
would the transmitter need to generate a wideband "test" signal?

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik