Re: The S-band ĘsewerĘ

Geoff:

Thanks for your question.   The noise floor rising is the noise floor
rising irrespective of whether the signal is spread or not.   If your
entire noise floor has risen,   and you attempt to remove the spreading
sequence,  you just spread the noise floor around, but it is still
present.   The amount of noise in the narrow band channel signal you
would be after would still be present if this noise were anything
approaching uniformly distributed.

I really do think most people's  queries are related to loss of S band
LINEAR downlink irrespective of the existence of the digital mode your
question assumes.

Bob
N4HY

--
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be
made in a very narrow field."  Niels Bohr