2.4GHz QRM [was: ...Central States VHF Society Meeting]

I ran into this problem with a 2.4GHz cordless phone at another ham's
place in the countryside.  I could not hear AO-40 at all with a BBQ
dish.  We caused it to select another channel, i think by pushing the
relevant button, and the QRM went away.  I bet the same thing applies
to wifi.  If/when we can get people at least to avoid using Channel 1
(and perhaps those near it), that could at least mitigate the problem.
Alas, that may not be very helpful in high density urbanized areas and
requires cooperative neighbors (or, in the 'States, someone who can
convince them that they are required to comply with Part 15).

P.S. Hmmm, i wonder what Hollingsworth has to say about all of this...