PICPOT Power!

It does appear after reading the info on their web site that the U and S
band downlinks will be running 1 watt output. The 437.485 MHz signal goes to
a helix which would appear to have decent gain so I'm not sure if they are
taking about 1 watt ERP or 1 watt into the antenna.

The S band output goes to what amounts to a patch antenna, also with some
gain. So same question there.

In any event, the satellite should offer a "large" U and S band signal
(albiet 9600 baud noise) to monitor.

Good luck to all on this upcoming launch. We'll have a bunch of new signals
to track and monitor.

Regards...Bill - N6GHz