Mode L/U on AO-51

I spent some time last night IMPROVING my Doppler Shift
method on Mode L (through AO-51).  I programmed in TEN
channels in the IC-970 this time, ran two computers for
tracking, with one showing 1268.700 as BEACON frequency
for Doppler Shift, and the other one 435.150 for that shift.

It gave me a better perspective for keeping my audio clear
and ungarbled.  I mostly watched the Doppler Shift for
1268.700, and used that as a reference for selecting my
channels.

I've tried computer controlled Doppler Shift, with only limited
results.  (I need to go back and experiment with that some
more.)

However, the surprise this morning was--- I got on AO-51
during the 9:20AM pass (in Texas), and was SOLID COPY
from AOS to LOS, using headphones on downlink.  I gave
my CALLSIGN, GRID, and sometimes a few other comments.
But, I found absolutely NO contacts!  Guess I just caught
everyone at a bad time?

I know that Doppler is a CHALLENGE using this mode.  That's
why I worked again last night, making even more changes to my
method, to improve my accuracy in working L/U mode.

73,
Charlie, N5TD
Temple, Tx
AMSAT #9089