Re: AO-51 or ECHO downlink power

One of the problems I noticed when AO-51 1st started operations in standard
repeater operations was people kerchunking it to keep it active.  The
repeater comes up and 5 seconds later, it would drop and couldn't track it
anymore.  I'm sure this would be a source of a lot of QRM at the beginning
of passes over populated areas.

Perhaps the control ops can make AO-51 operate like a repeater when it's not
over a populated area and always on when it is.  Doing this should improve
the power budget significantly but will the software remember a schedule or
change modes without control operator intervention?

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.