Re: Re: [PNWVHFS] vucc

I firmly believe there are stations making a living off green stamps they
get from QSL cards and have no intention of sending out cards. I have 34
countries worked on satellite and 33 confirmed. The one I don't have is a
fellow named Leon that shows up on FO-29 from time to time and his
favorite statement is "I QSL 100%". Well no it is 99% at best. I have sent
him 3 QSL cards with  green backs and gotten no responce. I have sent him
email and even ask him on the FO-29 satellite why he does no respond. This
is only one out of many but it sure fries my grits. Oh well enough of
that.

When I was working on VUCC and WAS on satellite the return rate was
remarkable. Satellite ops are much more likely to respond than any other
mode I have worked.

73's << John

> QSL'ing has got to be the strangest thing these days....
>
> What can I say?   I've gone so far as to  actually fill out "mobile
> reply cards" (MRC's)  and take them with me to hamfests and
> when I run into these non-QSL'ers,  take them aside and have them
> sign the cards right on the spot!    Sometimes they him and haw but
> usually 99% of the time they will sign.  And some of these are
> "rover" QSO's with several grids, counties, etc. on one card.
>
> I heard somebody last night on 6 meters saying, "If you want a QSL,
> go to E-QSL and pick mine up, that's the only way I QSL."  Well I guess
> he doesn't know that those things are worthless for anything except
> E-awards from E-QSL.
>
> Hopefully  LOTW will expand to include VUCC, that would be great!
> It works nicely as long as the stations put ALL their info into LOTW when
> they get signed up for it.  It shows State/county/grid/IOTA, etc. if  you
> put
> it on your information.  I've gotten  thousands of confirmations back
> through
> LOTW and they DO count for something!
>
> 73,
> John K6YK

<<<<<      N4QWF Amateur Radio Operator      >>>>>
<<<<< AO-7,AO-27,FO-29,SO-50,AO-51,VO-52,ISS >>>>>
<<<<<     Internet Email N4QWF@AMSAT.ORG     >>>>>
<<<<<         Formerly KC4AHW VK3FEZ         >>>>>
<<<<<           Amsat Member #27845          >>>>>
<<<<<     LON -79.25 LAT 37.45 Grid FM07     >>>>>
<<<<<   From the Foothills of the Blueridge  >>>>>