Re: SO-50 and 74.4 tone

On 7/17/06, Zachary Schrempp <zach.km7i@gmail.com> wrote:
> The timer resets whenever the 74.4 tone is sent.
>
> Zach KM7I

Documentation online states that you can reset the timer before the 10
minutes is up but in my experience with it, it seems that this is not
the case.  Many times I have sent the tone to prevent it from closing
later in the pass and have it shut down in under 10 minutes.  I
suppose someone could have been transmitting without tone each time
I've done that and the satellite didn't hear me but it's not likely.

73,
Mark VO1ONE