Re: A little FO-29 DX

Hi Dave, N0TGD

The experiment that you suggested is possible but we need two different
70 cm antennas one to transmit about 435.240 MHz (up) to VO-52 and
the other one to receive at the same time on 435.890 MHz (down) from
FO-29

When transmitting on 435.240 MHz to VO-52 it is possible to desense the
435.890 MHz receiver for FO-29 even if both 70 cm antennas are sufficiently
spaced apart so that high dinamic range preamplifiers with high IP3 and high
1 dB compression point are necessary.

Using CW as you suggested in your previous message make the experiment
easier.

I have two different antenna systems for LEO's that are about 10 meters
apart and I have as well the appropriate high dinamic range 70 cm converters
and preamplifiers for 70 cm so that if the mutual visibility of VO-52 and
FO-29 do permit the experiment I will try at first to get back my own signal
on CW

I will keep you informed.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico