Problem with SSB-SP7000 Preamp

Hello All,

I have been using the SSB SP-7000 70 CM Preamp for about 2 years without any
problem.  However, around last month, due to other commitments, I did not
operate on the satellites.

Last week, I decided to perform some maintenance work on the tower, and so I
checked out all the systems.  Very unfortunately, the SP-7000 did not power up.
 Luckily the SP-2000 worked normally.

Just for information, the SP-7000 is powered via an RG-58 coaxial cable
connected to the center SO-239 power connector.  Whereas the SP-2000 is powered
via the RF feedline using SSB's sequencer.

I have brought down the preamp and tested it inside the shack, powering it via
the SO-239 connector or using SSB's bias-tee to power it via the RF feedline,
but the relay click is not heard, and no increase in the noise level is noted.

I have also opened the case but found no visible damages.  I would be glad if
anyone could assist me to troubleshoot this preamp.  I really hope that it is
just a faulty diode or a capacitor.  Kindly advice.

Thank you very much in advance.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.