software

Is there any software program that will monitor for a
particular callsign but remains dormant until it hears
that callsign? Then it comes up to try to contact that
call via packet. Almost like APRS, but for satellites.
When we started working packet in the 90s, I remember
a program that I think had "lan" in the title that
would do this. It was DOS based.
Basically what I want it to do is to listen for a
satellite that I program in & then automatically try
to contact that satellite.
Is there anything to do this with??
Thanks in advance for whatever help I get.

73,
Philip "Flip" Halley
KE4OBT
http://mail.yahoo.com