RE: TNC31S & Alogger

Hello Wouter Jan,

I have no problem receiving PCSAT2 packets using the Symek TNC3S and
Alogger.  Not sure if there is a big difference between the TNC31S & TNC3S
but I hope it would be similar.  Here, I assume you mean 9600 baud packets.
For receiving the 1200 baud packets, I use either the soundcard or KWM-1200+
TNC.

This is how I do it.  First of all, I get the TNC3S into TF mode using a
terminal program.  (Hyperterminal that comes with Windows works well) Then
once the TNC3S is in TF mode, I will then issue the command "i 9w2qc".  This
sets my callsign.  Then I will issue the command "m usic" to turn monitor on
for everything (all packets).  (From my experience, if these 2 are not set,
the TNC will not decode any packets even though the DCD light comes on)

Once this has been done, I just exit hyperterminal, and start Alogger.  I
don’t recall having to setup anything in Alogger.  You do not need to send
any initialization commands on startup or exit as it has already been done
via hyperterminal.  Just set the port of the TNC and you should be able to
see packets coming in. (Of course, you can also try and see if packets shows
on hyperterminal first, before attempting to try Alogger)

I hope this will help.  Please let me know the results or if you have
further problems.  Have a nice weekend to all.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.