More DX at the 21st AMSAT-UK Colloquium

In addition to the report from Achim Vollhardt DH2VA on the remarkable
achievement by Radio Amateurs in Germany in receiving signals from the
Voyager 1 at the AMSAT-UK Space Colloquium  we can now announce that the
event will also include a live demonstration of  DX reception from deep
space.

Freddy de Guchteneire, ON6UG, will be receiving signals live from the NASA
Mars Reconnaissance  Orbiter. This spacecraft was launched last year and
only entered Mars orbit in March 2006. By the end of July Mars will be at a
distance of approximately 350 million kilometres from earth so we cannot
expect the signals to be very strong!

 The demonstration is expected to take place on the Saturday of the
Colloquium - the exact time will depend upon scheduling and visibility
constraints.

The International Space Colloquium takes place from Friday 28th until Sunday
30th July and all Radio Amateurs and SWL’s are welcome to attend. This
website has the latest draft programme and on line booking form and maps.
http://www.uk.amsat.org/Colloquium/

For further details contact Jim Heck G3WGM Tel: 01258 453959 Email:
g3wgm@amsat.org

73

Graham G3VZV