Re: BIG ISS and Shuttle reflection

Could it have been the moon?
The moon can easily give a more than 1 minute return.
Bob, WB4APR

>>> "Pieter Ibelings" <sietetrescincoprimo@hotmail.com> 07/09/06 11:37 AM >>>
Hi All,

I've posted a picture of the ISS/Shuttle crossing the NAVSPASUR fence
yesterday afternoon. You can  see the Lake Jordan and possible the Lake
Kickapoo transmitter. The one amazing fact is that I was able to see the ISS
for about 1 minute on the Lake Jordan transmitter. I did not expect it to
last that long. The calculated transit was within 0.25 seconds from what
NOVA predicte. I used azimuths of 91.4* for Lake Kickapoo and 98.1* for Lake
Jordan. The I/Q file centered at 216.985 and 50 KHz wide and can be
downloaded here:

http://www.rfspace.com/iss.wav

You can also download a version of SpectraVue that will display it from
here:

http://www.moetronix.com/files/spectravue210install.zip

There is also a small screenshot of the transist here:

http://www.rfspace.com/experiments/ISSScreen.png

- N4IP