Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 23:22:37 -0600
From: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] ISS Packet Turned Off?

On Jul 8, 2006, at 10:35 PM, Paul Reilly wrote:

 > Why does it need to be turned off during spacewalks?

I'm not expert, but I'd assume it's because of the potential for
interference with the numerous other transmitters and receivers in
use during EVA's.  Basically it probably bottom-lines at "Why risk
it?".  It's an untested and unknown configuration and no one in space
in a suit would probably appreciate it much if a ham radio
transmitter caused problems for them while they're in a very tenuous
environment.

- --
Nate Duehr - WY0X
nate@natetech.com