From: "A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)" <farmer.aj@gmail.com>
CC: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-51 digital help?
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:42:22 -0400

On 7/3/06, Greg D. <ko6th_greg@hotmail.com> wrote:
>With the day off today I thought I'd try my hand at the digital side of
>AO-51.  Bottom line is that I need help...
>
>But, I got nothing.  I know I can't hear the 9600 signal, but the TNC
>didn't
>register anything.  Fortunately, none of the neighbors noticed what I was
>doing.

Hi Greg,

You should give GO-32 a try.  It has much stronger digital signal than
AO-51 and I have found it much easier to work.  Since operation is
identical to AO-51 except for frequencies and callsigns, can use GO-32
to make sure all of your gear is working properly then give AO-51
another shot.  If I remember correctly, AO-51's digital transmitter is
only running at 1/4 watt or something around that.  You will need a
pre-amp to get a good lock on the signal, even with your Quagi.

Have fun!

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com