  From: Bert<mailto:ve2zaz@yahoo.ca>
  To: amsat-bb@amsat.org<mailto:amsat-bb@amsat.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:05 PM
  Subject: [amsat-bb] Micro-controller-based T/R Sequencer: Request for Beta
Tester

  Hello everyone,

  A couple of months ago I posted a message regarding a
  micro-controller-based radio T/R Sequencer that I was
  designing. Well, now I am finished. I have submitted
  an article for publishing in a major ham radio
  magazine.

  In the meantime, I am looking for a beta tester
  (someone willing to test the device and provide
  feedback). That individual will be required to test
  the unit with real amateur radio gear and while having
  QSO's. To that tester, I will provide a unpopulated,
  etched PCB and a programmed PIC controller for free.
  The tester will purchase the remaining components from
  Digikey (~ $50 US) and assemble the board.

  In order to better describe the sequencer, here are
  some of its features:

  - It is a micro-controller-based approach, which
  brings a lot of features and flexibility into the
  unit.
  - The Sequencer controls up to six outputs; they can
  be individually configured as either normally open,
  normally closed or they can be disabled.
  - All outputs are switched through solid-state relays;
  no mechanical relays are used. Currents up to 2.5
  Amperes can be handled, depending on the solid-state
  relays populated.
  - The outputs can switch AC or DC loads of up to 30V.
  - Switching detection is fed back to the
  microcontroller for confirmation purpose. A timeout
  feature will abort the sequence if switching feedback
  on an output is not detected within a predefined
  delay.
  - The Push-To-Talk (PTT) logic can be configured for
  either current-triggered or open-triggered.
  - User-set delays are inserted between any two output
  state changes. Delays are set for both the RX-to-Tx
  and the Tx-to-Rx sequences independently.
  - While under operation, all Sequencer connections to
  the radio equipment are isolated from the
  micro-controller side, thanks to extensive
  opto-coupler usage.
  - The Sequencer provides a visual indication of each
  output's state via a series of bi-color LED's.
  - It also emits various tones via a piezo sounding
  device at switch completion, for feedback alarming and
  as a transmit timeout alarm (more on these below).
  - A hardware watchdog ensures that the outputs get
  promptly released if the firmware is ever to crash.
  - All the electronics are contained on a small
  double-sided PCB.
  - A Windows-based software tool allows to configure
  the Sequencer in a matter of minutes via a RS-232
  link. After configuration, the personal computer (PC)
  is disconnected. All settings are saved in
  non-volatile Flash memory.

  So if you feel you would like to help, please send me
  an email at ve2zaz@amsat.org<mailto:ve2zaz@amsat.org>.

  Just a closing comment, this is for amateur radio, not
  for commercial applications. I do this for fun, not as
  a business.

  Thanks!

  Bert, VE2ZAZ
  Amsat #27668
  ve2zaz@amsat.org<mailto:ve2zaz@amsat.org>
  http://mail.yahoo.com<http://mail.yahoo.com/>
  ----
  Sent via amsat-bb@amsat.org<mailto:amsat-bb@amsat.org>. Opinions expressed
are those of the author.
  To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to
Majordomo@amsat.org<mailto:Majordomo@amsat.org>