Re: 2N3771 Cross reference - Thanks for the transistor help everyone. <<< changing the subject of a thread >>>

Vince,

A small, but I feel, significant point ... avoid changing the subject of a
thread but by all means add to it without altering the original topic. For
searching, filing, filtering etc. it makes life easier.

Sorry for picking on you and making an example of you, yours is by far not
the worst case. It happens all the time both here, on the AMSAT BB, but more
so elsewhere in various forums as well. The worst is the "help please" [Not
even capitalised or punctuated for effect!!!] in a forum covering a vast set
of subjects. If I have something useful to contribute to the posting later
or have the same problem myself and try searching for it by keyword, I will
not be able to find the original content. Possibly useful to the poster, if
such a vague subject ever gets a response,  but not in the spirit of sharing
the resulting information with others.

Again, not directed specifically at you but I have come across bad cases of
it so often in the past and to an extremely annoying degree this past two
weeks. So, I had to get this off my chest to all present.

[Oh, oh! I can feel a group flame coming on.]

Anyway, I hope I haven't put a downer on a good result for you by relying on
asking amongst friends for the valuable information you required. You can't
put a price on that.

73 de

Félim M3HIM