Re: Icom 706MKIIG for sat work?

stephen.brown75@gmail.com writes:

I'm  looking to purchase a 706MKIIG as my "do-all" rig. I currently do not
have  an HF rig, and this does HF/6m/2m and 440.

Is anyone currently using  one of these on any of the birds? I would like to
hear your experiences if  so. I am currently only operating AO-51 with my
HT(TH-D7AG) and I really  enjoy the full duplex function so I can hear my own
downlink. Does the 706  offer this feature?

Thanks and  73,
Stephen
N1VLV

Hi Stephen

No satellite mode I'm afraid.   Also the 440MHz desperately needs  a pre-amp.

David  G0MRF