Re: Icom 706MKIIG for sat work?

The 706 does not do duplex. I used one for a while for the 435 side.
I used my other HF rig with a 2M converter.

On Jul 5, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> I'm looking to purchase a 706MKIIG as my "do-all" rig. I currently
> do not
> have an HF rig, and this does HF/6m/2m and 440.
>
> Is anyone currently using one of these on any of the birds? I would
> like to
> hear your experiences if so. I am currently only operating AO-51
> with my
> HT(TH-D7AG) and I really enjoy the full duplex function so I can
> hear my own
> downlink. Does the 706 offer this feature?
>
> Thanks and 73,
> Stephen
> N1VLV
> author.
> program!

Carl Yaffey  O----'-::  K8NU
Yaffey Music Services: banjo/guitar/bass/mandolin lessons, recording
studio.
carl_yaffeyADDED_TO_STOP_SPAM@yahoo.com, 614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com